*Disclosure: some links may contain affiliate links. For more information on what this means, visit my disclosure page.
The Best Vegan Pumpkin Bread
In this article you will find a delicious vegan pumpkin bread recipe that everyone will love! Vegan or not!
Looking for a healthier version of pumpkin bread to bring to Thanksgiving this year?
With less than half a cup of sugar in the entire bread, and extra fiber from flax seeds?
This is the bread you’ve been looking for. Keep reading for the recipe!
A veganized version of a fall favorite.
I used to love my mom’s pumpkin bread when I was little. Luckily, when I was little I was only a vegetarian and not a vegan. But, since that has changed, I have had to veganize a lot of my favorite home made foods from when I was a kid. I also removed a lot of the sugar.
Who knew how much sugar some home made foods have in them?
Like peanut butter balls; my absolute favorite Christmas cookie; it’s basically sugar, butter, peanut butter, and chocolate. Something’s gotta change with that this year.
But, for now, let’s focus on the veganization of pumpkin bread.
I know you’ll love the results!
Hopefully, you’ll have some left for breakfast the day after you make it. Home made bread doesn’t tend to last that long in my home!
Want to Remember This? Pin The Best Vegan Pumpkin Bread to your favorite Pinterest Board!!
Let’s Get Baking
First, get out your ingredients.
Preheat the oven to 375℉.
Make your flax eggs by mixing 2 tbsp flax meal with 5 tbsp water. (To make flax meal, grind flax seeds. I use my the milling blade with my nutribullet to grind this. You could also use a coffee grinder.) The flax egg needs about 5 minutes to turn into an egg like consistency, which is why you’re making it now.
Mix the cashew butter and brown sugar til completely combined.
Stir the flax eggs again then add to the cashew butter and brown sugar mixture.
Then add in all of the dry ingredients; oat flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon. Mix as well as you can.(If you don’t have oat flour, that’s fine; simply grind your old fashioned oats til they turn into a flour. I used the milling blade with my nutribullet for this, you could also use a food processor, coffee grinder.)
Add in the pumpkin and mix well, again.
Line a bread pan with parchment paper to have an easy clean up. and pour the mixture into the bread pan.
Bake at 375°F for about 40 minutes. When done, let cool and enjoy!!
The form you have selected does not exist.
Vegan Pumpkin BreadShawna Clapper
- 1/3 cup cashew butter or almond butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 flax eggs
- 1½ cups oat flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ cups pumpkin puree
- 1 handful pepitas
- 1 handful cranberries
- 1 handful old fashioned oats
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Make the flax eggs by combining 2 tbsp flax meal with 5 tbsp water, and let sit.
- Mix the cashew butter and brown sugar til completely combined.
- Stir the flax eggs again then add to the cashew butter and brown sugar mixture.
- Then add in all of the dry ingredients and mix as well as you can.
- Add in the pumpkin and mix well, again.
- Line a bread pan with parchment paper to have an easy clean up. and pour the mixture into the bread pan.
- (Optional) Sprinkle all of the topping ingredients over the top of the bread and slightly press down.
- Bake at 375°F for about 40 minutes. When done, let cool and enjoy!!
Missing something in your kitchen to make eating healthier easier? Check out this!