*Disclosure: some links may contain affiliate links (meaning if you end up purchasing something when you click on the link then I may get a commission on it, with no extra cost to you, of course). For more information on what this means, visit my disclosure page.
Banana Ice Cream Sundae
In this article you will find a delicious and super Banana Ice Cream Sundae Recipe that your kids will love; tastes just as sugary and mouth watering as a regular sundae you’d get from an ice cream shop, but so much better for you!
ALL of my kids LOVE this ice cream sundae, as do I!
If you’ve ever tried to please a picky eater, or any really child for that matter, when it comes to food; you’ll tend to find that the simpler the dish the better things go…
And that is where this ice cream sundae recipe is better than most; it’s simplicity and ability to be customized!
Want to Remember This? Pin This Banana Ice Cream Sundae to your favorite Pinterest Board!!
So, how do you make this mouth watering vegan ice cream sundae?
ALL YOU DO IS…
- Prep for it: make sure you have frozen bananas and soak your cashews & dates (or boil the cashews & dates)
- Add ingredients to a blender and blend til no chunks
- Melt chocolate chips and peanut butter (in separate microwaveable bowls)
- Assemble your sundae!
Seriously, that is it!
It’s really that simple and delicious!
Why you’ll love this Vegan Ice Cream Sundae…
Well, you already know it’s easy and you can make it in just about 20 minutes.
But it also tastes just like any other ice cream sundae; the banana flavor isn’t too strong, especially when it’s masked with the peanut butter and chocolate ‘sauces’.
You can also adjust the ingredients to your, or childs, liking. Or, if they’re allergic to peanuts, you could use any other type of nut or seed butter instead, or even simply omit it.
Try it in ice cream cones if you choose, but simple bowls work great, as well!
Who would have thought making vegan ice cream could be this easy and delicious?!
These vegan ice cream recipe is truly the best of both worlds; delicious and can please picky eaters & super easy. You really can’t ask for anything better!
Banana Ice Cream Sundae
- highspeed blender (or food processor)
- 2 cups frozen bananas
- ¼-¾ cup almond milk (or a different non-dairy milk)
- ½ cup dates (soaked)
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp cashews (soaked)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup peanut butter melted
- ¼ cup chocolate chips melted (& dairy free)
- Soak the cashews and dates overnight OR boil on the stove for 10-15 minutes and drain
- Measure out all ingredients, add to a blender (or food processor), start with ¼ cup of non-dairy milk (add more as needed)
- Blend til no chunks in the nice cream
- Melt the chocolate chips and peanut butter (in separate bowls in microwave- or melt on stove)
- Coat the base of serving dishes with the peanut butter, dish up the ice cream and top with the melted chocolate and enjoy!
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy: