*Disclosure: some links may contain affiliate links (meaning if you end up purchasing something when you click on the link then I may get a commission on it, with no extra cost to you, of course). For more information on what this means, visit my disclosure page.
Vegan French Toast Recipe
In this article you will find a delicious and super Easy Vegan French Toast Recipe that your kids will love; just like the kind with eggs, but without the cholesterol or cruelty (aka- vegan)!
I know how hard it is to find a good French toast recipe that’s vegan, uncomplicated, and doesn’t end up tasting like bananas.
Having tried them all, and experimented quite a bit, I guarantee that you’ll love these just as you did ‘regular’ French toast.
They please my picky eater, my toddler, even my husband enjoys them- and that’s saying something!
No weird ingredients, and you make them just like French Toast with eggs, except no eggs, it’s a non-dairy milk mixed with a few other ingredients instead.
Want to Remember This? Pin This Vegan French Toast Recipe to your favorite Pinterest Board!!
So, how do you make this Delicious Vegan French Toast?
ALL YOU DO IS…
- Heat up your pan
- Add all ingredients, besides the bread, into a dish and whisk it together
- Dip the bread in the mixture and add to pan
- Flip once fully cooked on the bottom, then remove from pan once done on the second side
- Repeat til out of mixture or bread
You’ll be lucky to have any leftovers to freeze!
Seriously though, I try to add fruit and other filling toppings when I serve this recipe to help it last longer.
Especially since this recipe freezes and reheats amazingly.
Reheating is as simple as popping it in the toaster on the medium setting or in the microwave for 30-60 seconds (depending on the number of pieces).
Why you’ll love this French toast recipe…
Well, you could probably already tell that it’s as easy to make as the classic, non-vegan version.
It’s also a great brunch idea, or quick breakfast for before work or school…or to eat by yourself before the kids wake up.
Honestly, it tastes just as good, if not better than non-vegan French toast, and I bet if my husband didn’t know it was vegan, he probably never would have been able to guess. (But, he did know it was vegan because he knows I wouldn’t eat it if it had real eggs in it.)
You could also eat it for dinner, as a breakfast dinner
Vegan French Toast Recipe
- griddle or pan
- measuring cups & spoons, and utensils (flipper, whisk)
- 12-16 slices bread
- 2 cups soy milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- ½ cup oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2-4 tsp maple syrup
- 1+ tsp cinnamon
- Whisk together all ingredients (except bread) in order in a square or rectangle container if possible – or at least a container wide enough for a piece of bread
- Preheat your pan (or griddle), use oil or vegan butter for cooking if you’d like
- Dip 1 slice of bread in the batter, flip over and dip other side
- Cook on pan til the batter is cooked onto the bread (aka- the batter isn’t sticking to the pan and isn’t sliding off the bread)
- Repeat with all bread slices and enjoy!
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy: